- The first printed reference to Christmas trees appeared in Germany in 1531.
- Real Christmas trees are an all-American product, grown in all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- California, Oregon, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are the top Christmas tree producing states.
- Oregon is the leading producer of Christmas trees… 8.6 million in 1998.
- Christmas trees are edible. Many parts of pines, spruces, and firs can be eaten.
- The needles are a good source of vitamin C. Pine nuts, or pine cones, are also a good source of nutrition.
- The best selling Christmas trees are Scotch pine, Douglas fir, Noble fir, Fraser fir, Virginia pine, Balsam fir and White Pine.
- Artificial Christmas trees have outsold real Christmas trees since 1991.
- For every real Christmas tree harvested, two to three seedlings are planted in its place.
- Each 2.47 acres of Christmas trees provides the daily oxygen requirements of 45 people.
Forget about making plans. You won’t need a reservation! Each time you dine at Holly’s Restaurant between December 1st and 20th, 2011, you will be entered to win a FREE New Year’s Dinner, valued up to $50!
Do you have a funny photo with Santa? Maybe it will win you a FREE $50 Gift Card!
Just drop off a copy of your funniest picture with Santa between December 1st and December 10th, 2011 with your name and phone number written on the back and we will put it on display in the restaurant. Each person who dines with us during the month of December can vote for their favorite photo. The photo with the most votes at the end of the month
WINS A FREE $50 GIFT CARD!
Winner will be announced on January 1st, 2012. Photos will not be returned. Our lucky winning photo will be published in our next newsletter. Good luck and happy voting!